Sunday, April 5, 2009

"Let me in Coach"


"Let me in coach! Just give me a chance, I know there is a lot riding on it, but it is psychological." " I am going to execute a button hook pattern, supper slow mo"

That is my favorite seen from Jim Carrey's Ace Ventura......What a classic. 

I was hanging out with my oldest son after church playing football. I was trying to teach him the basics. Now, for those of you who know me I am originally from Canada so I should be teaching him about hockey, but for the 1st sunny day of the year I decided to use a little of my American side and teach him how to play football. It started with the basic catches of a football and by the end of the afternoon it turned into spin moves and sliding. It was a great reminder of the days when I grew up and my father played sports with me. After it was all said and done we both looked at each other and with one snort of our noses and one loogie from our throats we both spit on the grass and walked into the house like "MEN"

Amanda and I have been sitting back for the last year and trying to rest and get some prospective of life and church. We have been attending an amazing church called "Eastlake" It is all families in our age bracket with some amazing worship that I remember some my old school youth have the same caliber. As we have been attending now for the last little while we are reflecting on what it is like to be full time in ministry. Sometimes we take it for granted and do not realize how amazing it is when you are able to pour out your life for the lives of others. 

Although I have a wicked cool job with the Government I am still having the itch to get back into the game..... I want the coach to let me back in. I feel like it is the 4th quarter in Basketball or football. Or I am in sudden death overtime in the middle of Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit. I have the opportunity in handing out the biggest upset of the year by stuffing a goal on Detroit's goalie and watching them all whine and cry because they finally lost a championship. 

The Lord has given me a lot of passion and zeal for the lost. A heart that burns for the Lords worship. A desire to build a bridge between the church and unbelievers. To create an atmosphere for people who are not normally welcomed in the church. Or as Eastlake would call it "Church for the rest of us" 

The Joy I saw in my oldest eyes when I told him that I would love to play football with him, is the same kind of look that I am giving my heavenly father on a day in day out basis. My father wants to play with me. He wants to use me for his works. He wants to give me an opportunity to play on his team in ministry. I love my boys and I am honored that they still want to play for me or on my team. I have the wonderful opportunity to be their soccer coach this year and I am jazzed to be a apart of their lives. 

Our God wants to be in our lives. He wants to be our coach, our encouragement, our cheerleader. He wants us all to "Get in the Game" and play for him. I want to play. Let me in Lord, give me another opportunity. 

I AM READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment